Jazz90.1 Legacy Gifts
Jazz90.1 is a publicly-supported, cultural institution that champions jazz, blues and ethnic programming in the Rochester community. We are one of the last 24/7/365 public jazz radio stations in the Country, and rely on donor support to operate each year. The station, which is owned by the Greece Central School District receives no funding from the district, and must raise all necessary operating funds through fundraising and donor support. If you share our belief in the vibrancy of jazz as a cultural art form and want to partner with us in shaping, developing and encouraging jazz programming, you can support us with a planned legacy gift. Your rewards will be more than quality programming and more than the tax savings that are a result of your gift. You will also experience the personal and emotional rewards of helping to insure the continuance of jazz on the radio.
Legacy gifts are typically handled and managed by our partner organization, Greece Community Broadcasting Inc. – a separate 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization not affiliated with the Greece Central School District. These legacy funds will then directly support Jazz90.1 and our mission.
Who is Greece Community Broadcasting Inc.
For over 40 years, Jazz90.1 WGMC-FM has been closely affiliated with Greece Community Broadcasting Inc. Their sole mission and purpose is to help raise funds exclusively for Jazz90.1, and to serve in an advisory role to the radio station. The board has assisted Jazz90.1 in implementing projects such as the 2004 power increase, studio upgrades, special events, and more. For more information about GCB, you may contact board President Al Meilutis at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 585-721-2135.
There are as many different ways to support Jazz90.1 WGMC-FM. Below are just some of the ways that you can help.
What You Can Give
- Wills and Bequests
- Charitable Lead Trusts
- Charitable Gift Annuity
- Gifts of Retirement Assets
- Appreciated Stock
- Charitable Remainder Trusts
- Gifts of Life Insurance
- Gifts of Cash – Click Here to Donate Now
- Benefits of a Bequest
- Receive an estate tax charitable deduction
- Reduce the burden of taxes on your family
- Leave a lasting legacy to charity
- How a Bequest Works
- A bequest is one of the easiest gifts to make. With the help of an attorney, you can include language in your will or trust specifying a gift to be made to family, friends or Greece Community Broadcasting Inc., to support Jazz90.1 as part of your estate plan, or you can make a bequest using a beneficiary designation form.
- Here are some of the ways to leave a bequest to Greece Community Broadcasting Inc.
- Include a bequest to Greece Community Broadcasting Inc. in your will or revocable trust
- Designate Greece Community Broadcasting Inc. as a full, partial or contingent beneficiary of your retirement account (IRA, 401(k), 403(b) or pension)
- Name Greece Community Broadcasting Inc. as a beneficiary of your life insurance policy
- A bequest may be made in several ways
Percentage bequest – make a gift of a percentage of your estate
Specific bequest – make a gift of a specific dollar amount or a specific asset
Residual bequest – make a gift from the balance or residue of your estate
Charitable Gift Annuity
You may be tired of living at the mercy of the fluctuating stock and real estate markets. A charitable gift annuity is a gift made to Greece Community Broadcasting Inc. that can provide you with a secure source of fixed payments for life.
Benefits of a Charitable Gift Annuity
- Receive fixed payments to you or another annuitant you designate for life
- Receive a charitable income tax deduction for the charitable gift portion of the annuity
- Benefit from payments that may be partially tax-free
- Further the charitable work of Greece Community Broadcasting Inc. with your gift
How a Charitable Gift Annuity Works
A charitable gift annuity is a contract between you and Greece Community Broadcasting Inc.
- You transfer cash or property to Greece Community Broadcasting Inc.
- In exchange, we sign an annuity contract and promise to pay fixed payments to you for life. The payment can be quite high depending on your age, and a portion of each payment may even be tax-free.
- You will receive a charitable income tax deduction for the gift portion of the annuity.
- You also receive satisfaction, knowing that you will be helping further our mission.
If you decide to fund your gift annuity with cash, a significant portion of the annuity payment will be tax-free. You may also make a gift of appreciated securities to fund a gift annuity and avoid a portion of the capital gains tax. Please contact us to inquire about other assets that you might be able to use to fund a charitable gift annuity.
Charitable Lead Trust
Benefits of a Charitable Lead Trust
- Receive a gift or estate tax charitable income tax deduction
- Pass inheritance on to family at a reduced or zero cost
- Establish a vehicle from which you can make annual gifts to charity
How a Charitable Lead Trust Works
- You make a contribution of your property to fund a trust that pays Greece Community Broadcasting Inc. income for a number of years.
- You receive a gift or estate tax deduction at the time of your gift.
- After a period of time, your family receives the trust assets plus any additional growth in value.
We encourage you to contact your estate planner and/or attorney for more information. We’d be happy to answer any questions that you may have regarding planned giving. For more information, please call 585-966-2660 or e-mail email@example.com.